Off-road alternatives for a heart-healthy walk in Ellsworth include:
- The City’s rail trail, a paved trail for non-motorized use, running from Birch Avenue to North Street
- The track at the Ellsworth Elementary/Middle School, off Forrest Avenue
- Knowlton Park, a community park circled by a gravel walking path off State Street
- The Downeast Sunrise Trail, which begins in Ellsworth near the intersection of High Street and Beals Avenue
Things to keep in mind:
- The school track is open to the public during non-school times only.
- The City Rail Trail and the Sunrise Trail are multi-use trails. Be prepared to share the trail and yield accordingly.
- If you have health concerns, ask your doctor if adding a thirty-minute walk into your daily routine is a good idea.